For this article, I will discuss
Spicy Indian One Pot Curry.
You can have Spicy Indian One Pot Curry using 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Indian One Pot Curry
- Prepare of basic sauce.
- It's of oil.
- You need of mustard seeds.
- It's of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- It's of fennel seeds.
- You need of fenugreek seeds.
- It's of onions, chopped.
- Prepare of ginger garlic paste.
- It's of curry leaves, chopped.
- You need of green chillies.
- It's of ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- It's of black eyed peas.
- Prepare of black gram.
- Prepare of lima beans.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of curry powder.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of water.
- You need of vegetables.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- Prepare of brinjals / eggplants.
- It's of carrots.
- It's of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Prepare of yellow pumpkin.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of masalas.
- It's of turmeric powder.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It's of coriander seeds powder.
- You need of salt.
- It's of finishing.
- Prepare of tamarind sauce.
- You need of asafoetida.
- Prepare of chopped cilantro leaves.
Spicy Indian One Pot Curry step by step
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
Thus our article which we give the title: