For this article, I will discuss
Black Eye Peas.
You can have Black Eye Peas using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Eye Peas
- It's 16 oz of Dried Black Eye Peas.
- You need 1 each of Ham Hock.
- You need 1 each of Medium Onion, minced.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
Black Eye Peas step by step
- Cover peas with water and soak for 3 hours. Drain..
- Cover peas with water and soak overnight, refrigerated..
- In pot large enough to hold everything, caramelize the onions and brown the ham hock..
- Add the drained peas and cover again with fresh water. Add salt and pepper..
- Cook on medium for one hour and then two hours on low until they reach the desired texture. That's a personal choice..
Thus our article which we give the title: