For this article, I will discuss
Krechek Sambal with Cowpeas (SAMBAL GORENG KRECEK).
You can have Krechek Sambal with Cowpeas (SAMBAL GORENG KRECEK) using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Krechek Sambal with Cowpeas (SAMBAL GORENG KRECEK)
- It's of Krecek (better with the wet kind, because it is still fresh), cut in small pieces according to taste.
- You need of cowpeas (Kacang tolo), soak 3-4 hours and then boiled until soft.
- It's of cayenne peppers, only discard the stalks without cutting - leave whole.
- Prepare of petai bean/stink bean (if desired), peeled then split in 2 or 4.
- It's of bay leaves.
- Prepare of lime leaves.
- You need of lemongrass, use white part and crush.
- You need of galangal, crushed.
- You need of brown sugar, shaved.
- It's of tamarind, dissolved in a little water.
- Prepare of coconut milk (from ½ coconut).
- It's of salt (to taste).
- You need of oil for frying.
- Prepare of Pepper powder to taste (optional).
- Prepare of GROUND SPICES.
- Prepare of shallots.
- It's of garlic.
- Prepare of red chillies.
- It's of candlenuts, toasted.
- You need of ginger.
- You need of kencur.
Krechek Sambal with Cowpeas (SAMBAL GORENG KRECEK) step by step
- Heat the oil, and saute ground spices until the color turns darker..
- Add the bay leaves, lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal. Add some coconut milk if needed, stir well..
- Add krecek and cayenne pepper, stir and saute until cayenne pepper wilt..
- Add tamarind water, cowpeas/kacang tolo, brown sugar and pepper powder. Stir briefly..
- Pour in the rest of coconut milk, then reduce heat. Boiled and cook until the sauce slightly reduces, add salt then adjust the taste..
- Add a petai/stink bean before the stove is turned off, then remove. Ready to be served while hot..
Thus our article which we give the title: