For this article, I will discuss
4 Bean Salad.
You can have 4 Bean Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 4 Bean Salad
- It's 1 can of (14.5oz) cut green beans - drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 can of (14.5oz) yellow wax beans - drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 can of (15oz) dark red kidney beans - drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 can of (15oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas) - drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
4 Bean Salad step by step
- If you can, use low sodium unsalted beans. Open and dump all of your beans into a collander, rinse with cold lightly running water gently tossing to ensure you rinse off all the canned juices. This removes any "tinny" flavors. Allow to sit about 15 minutes to drain..
- Meanwhile dice your onions and bell peppers, and make your vinaigrette. In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously..
- Gently this the beans once more to shake off excess water still clinging on. Slowly pour beans into bowl of vinaigrette. Add onion and green pepper and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best for the flavors to really meld, so this is a great "make ahead" dish!.
- To serve: Because "evoo" solidifies when cold, remove salad from fridge and let sit out about 30 minutes before serving. Give it another stir to redistribute vinaigrette, dish up and enjoy!.
Thus our article which we give the title: