For this article, I will discuss
Potato Chick-Pea Curry W/Garlic Roasted Cauliflower - Serve W/Basmati Rice & Cha.
You can cook Potato Chick-Pea Curry W/Garlic Roasted Cauliflower - Serve W/Basmati Rice & Cha using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Chick-Pea Curry W/Garlic Roasted Cauliflower - Serve W/Basmati Rice & Cha
- Prepare of Potato Chick-Pea Curry.
- It's of Trinidadian curry.
- Prepare of ground turmeric.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of cilantro.
- You need of chick-peas.
- It's of white potatoes.
- Prepare of cauliflower.
- It's of yellow onions.
- Prepare of Jalapeño peppers seeded.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- It's of garlic cloves pressed.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- You need of water.
Potato Chick-Pea Curry W/Garlic Roasted Cauliflower - Serve W/Basmati Rice & Cha step by step
- Toss the Cauliflower with 2 tbs coconut oil and 2 pressed garlic cloves.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Place cut potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water..
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to boil over high heat then simmer on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes until soft but still firm..
- As the potatoes are cooking slice the onions into rings and cook in a fry pan with 2 tbs coconut oil over a medium to low temperature until brown and crispy.
- Put aside 2 cups of the potato water and drain the rest.
- Mix together the curry, cumin and tumeric.
- Now to make the "curry slurry". Wisk about 1/2 cup of water into curry mixture and wisk until water is fully absorbed. This mixture should be fairly wet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan at medium heat and then pour in your slurry mixture..
- Cook the curry for about 10 minutes until the curry is slight brown. Don't let the mixture get too dry if it does add some water..
- Remove your slurry mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and then add the cooked, drained potatoes. Continue to cook potatoes until brownish and a little crispy..
- Once the potatoes are browned add the 2 cups of potato water you set aside earlier and then mix in the curry, chickpeas, 1 teaspoon salt, jalapeño peppers, roasted Cauliflower, 1 garlic clove pressed and cilantro. Also add the onions once sufficiently browned..
- Simmer over low heat for 20min mashing a few of the potatoes with the back of a spoon. stir in the the coconut milk half way through..
- Serve over gluten free basmati rice with 3 cilantro leafs for garnish.
Thus our article which we give the title: