For this article, I will discuss
Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions.
You can have Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions
- Prepare of ● For The German Brats.
- It's 5 of LG German Spicy Bratwursts [they only come in 5's].
- You need 2 of Dark Worsteiners German Beers.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of ● For The Carmelized Onions.
- It's 2 of EX LG Evenly Sliced Vidalia Onions [no substitutes].
- You need 1 of LG Ladle Brat Beer Broth.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare of ● For The Breads.
- It's 5 of LG Sturdy German Pretzel Hot Dog Buns [see photo].
- You need as needed of Garlic Butter [to grill pretzel buns].
- It's of ● For The Brat Sides [as needed].
- You need of Authentic German Sourkraut [usually found in bags - not jars].
- It's of Inglehoffers Stone Ground Mustard [no substitutes - see photo].
- It's of ● For The Corn On The Cob.
- Prepare 5 of LG Ears Corn On the Cob [de-husked].
- It's 1 Cup of Whole Milk [to sweeten corn].
- It's as needed of Water [enough to cover corn].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Salted Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- It's as needed of Additional Butter For Service.
Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions instructions
- Shuck your fresh corn clean of all fibers..
- Add water, whole milk, butter and salt to a large pot for corn..
- At the same time, score your brats on the bias. [see photos #6 and #9 below for a description of bias].
- Boil brats in two bottles quality stout German beers, granulated garlic powder & granulated onion powder on high for 8 minutes. Then, pull out brats but, reserve it's stout broth..
- Add one large ladle of seasoned beer broth, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to a pan with your sliced Vidalia Onions. Cover and steam until veggies are translucent. Uncover and allow onions to carmelize slightly..
- Grill brats until a char has developed on them..
- Fully sautéed and carmelized Vidalia onions hit with a dash of dried chives pictured..
- Place grilled brats in grilled onion mixture and cover until ready for service. Coat them in onion juices..
- Pretzel buns required pictured. Slice 3/4 of the way open, coat with garlic butter and grill open faced until slightly charred..
- German Beer pictured..
- German Stone Ground Mustard pictured..
- Authentic German Sourkraut pictured..
- German Sourkraut pictured..
- Stack your brats on thick grilled pretzel buns with German mustard, sourkraut and sautéd onions. Serve with buttery corn on the cob to the side. Enjoy!.
Thus our article which we give the title: