For this article, I will discuss
Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup.
You can have Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup
- Prepare 2.5-3 lb of Angus chuck roast.
- Prepare 6-8 tbs of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- You need 4-6 tbs of Fiesta brand Pinto Bean seasoning (more / less to taste).
- You need 1 tbs of kosher/coarse salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coarse black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbs of olive or avocado oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 4 tbs of minced garlic.
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 46 oz of can Goya black beans.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (I use garlic).
- You need 15.25 oz of can Southwest Corn.
- It's 2 of x 4.5 oz cans chopped green chilis.
- It's of or 1 or 2 jalapeños (whole, halved or sliced and seeded).
- Prepare 32 oz of box of beef broth.
- You need 1 of Shiner Bock beer (have 2nd bottle to thin soup if needed).
Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup instructions
- Generously season the chuck roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Allow it to rest after seasoning for 20-30 minutes before cooking..
- Smoke chuck roast on pellet grill or smoker or roast in conventional oven at 225-250° until internal temp hits 160°..
- (I smoked my chuck roast on a Camp Chef Woodwind with Pit Boss Competition Wood pellets.).
- Remove from cooking and sear chuck roast on grill on high heat or on a hot lightly oiled cast iron skillet on the stove top for 2-3 minutes on each side. (This is called reverse searing.) You are looking for brown carmelization on the exterior of the beef. Do not overcook. Set the chuck roast aside and allow it to rest..
- In a large stock pot, add 4 tbsp of olive or avocado oil and heat over medium heat..
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic to stock pot and cook until onion becomes translucent. Add salt, pepper and half of the pinto bean seasoning and stir well to combine..
- Add black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, southwest corn, green chilis, beef broth, 1st beer and the remainder of the pinto bean seasoning..
- Stir well to combine ingredients, and add bay leaves..
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If liquid boils, reduce heat to continue simmering..
- After the chuck roast has cooled and can be easily handled, slice it into cubes, approximately 3/4"- 1" square. The chuck roast should be cooked to about medium rare (warm red center). It will cook further in the soup..
- Taste the soup and adjust seasoning if necessary. You can add the 2nd beer here to enrich the flavor..
- Carefully add the beef to the soup and cover again. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes or longer. (The beef will be more tender if cooked up to an hour in the soup.).
- Remove from heat and garnish with sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, salsa, guacamole, etc. Serve with Troy's Corny Skillet Cornbread..
Thus our article which we give the title: