For this article, I will discuss
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup.
You can have Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- You need of Soup.
- It's 1 pound of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of carrots.
- It's 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 28 ounce of can sauerkraut.
- It's 1 quart of mushroom broth.
- You need 2 quarts of beef broth.
- It's 1/2 pound of ziti rigati pasta.
- You need 1/3 pound of summer sausage.
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of summer savory.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare of To taste salt.
- Prepare of To taste ground black pepper.
- It's of To taste ground white pepper.
- It's 5 of whole juniper berries.
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup step by step
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.
Thus our article which we give the title: