For this article, I will discuss
Red Beans and Rice.
You can cook Red Beans and Rice using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Beans and Rice
- It's of soaked red beans.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- Prepare of small white onions, chopped.
- Prepare of bell pepper, chopped.
- It's of celery, chopped.
- It's of bay leaves.
- Prepare of andouille sausage.
- Prepare of garlic, finely minced.
- It's of smoked ham hocks.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of ground dry thyme.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- It's of cumin.
- It's of salt.
- You need of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of Sliced Green Onions.
- You need of Cooked Rice.
- It's of Tabasco.
- It's of Butter.
Red Beans and Rice step by step
- Brown andouille in a large crock pot, remove when browned on all sides, reserve..
- Add onions and sweat with a bit of salt until translucent in butter..
- Add celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until fragrant..
- Add cayenne, cumin, dry thyme, and pepper. Stir to combine..
- Add chicken stock to pot, as well as the ham hocks, bay leaves, and the soaked red beans, bring to a boil and cover, stirring occasionally..
- When beans are cooked through and tender, remove bay leaves and ham hocks (reserve the hocks), then use an immersion blender or your wooden spatula to break a portion of the beans down to give the dish a creamy texture. Reduce heat to a bare simmer..
- Slice reserved andouille, and break ham hocks down, removing the meat from the bones. Discard bones and skin. Add meats back to pot and stir to combine..
- When meat is brought up to temp (about 5 minutes), add chopped parsley, stir, and serve immediately over rice. Top with green onions and tabasco/crystal hot sauce to taste..
Thus our article which we give the title: