For this article, I will discuss
Old-fashioned Cucumbers & Onions in Vinegar "Dressing".
You can have Old-fashioned Cucumbers & Onions in Vinegar "Dressing" using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old-fashioned Cucumbers & Onions in Vinegar "Dressing"
- Prepare of Cucumbers.
- You need of Vidalia onion (or other sweet variety).
- It's of Equal parts vinegar and water.
- It's of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
Old-fashioned Cucumbers & Onions in Vinegar "Dressing" step by step
- Peel and slice cucumbers. If they are very large, halve lengthwise before slicing. I used 3 large cukes for this batch and halved lengthwise..
- Remove skin from onion, cut in half from pole to pole. Cut halves into thin slices. I used one medium Vidalia for this batch..
- In a large bowl combine equal parts vinegar and water, about half as much sugar, and a pinch of salt. Wisk together to dissolve sugar. Taste and add more sugar and salt as desired. For this batch I ended up using 1 cup water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp salt..
- Add cucumbers and onion to vinegar mixture. Stir to ensure all pieces are coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. I like making mine a day ahead of time because the longer it sits the better it gets..
Thus our article which we give the title: