For this article, I will discuss
Red Beans and Rice.
You can cook Red Beans and Rice using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Beans and Rice
- You need of Cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of Black pepper.
- Prepare of small onion.
- Prepare of small green pepper.
- Prepare of large cloves garlic minced.
- It's of tblsp. Oil or butter.
- You need of Vinegar.
- You need of water ( change according to rice instructions).
- You need of small can tomato paste.
- Prepare of low sodium kidney beans drained.
- Prepare of rice ( jasimine ).
Red Beans and Rice instructions
- Heat up a 4 quart pan on medium. Meanwhile chop up the onion and green pepper. When the pan is hot add a bit of oil or butter. Toss in pepper and onion and saute for about two minutes. Stiring freqently..
- Mean while mash the garlic cloves with the flat side of your cutting knife, peal, and mince..
- After the two minutes of the pepper and onion cooking, toss in the minced garlic and saute about a minute more or until fragerant..
- Turn up the heat to medium/high. Add the 2 cups of water, spices, vinegar, and tomato paste the the mixture and stir. *if you like some heat, add a pinch of red pepper or cayanne 🔥.
- When the water begins to bubble add 1 cup rice (jasimine) and the drained low sodium kidney beans. Stir and simmer for one minute..
- After the minute, turn heat to low and cover rice mixture with a tight fitting lid. Steam for 15 minutes or however long the directions on your rice says for. * Never lift the lid! 😳 It's the secret to perfect rice, even if you are tempted... Don't let the steam out, it's precious...👍.
- After 15 minutes remove lid and fluff/stir the yumminess! Boom! Delicious red beans and rice!.
- I served mine as a side with simple lemon pepper chicken thighs...mmmm. And some Louisiana hot sauce! BAM! (as Emeril would say 😄) p.s. The dots are a fancy hot sauce decor 😉.
Thus our article which we give the title: