For this article, I will discuss
Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth - Filipino Sinigang. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Country-style ribs are cut from the loin, one of the leanest areas of pork.
For this dry-rub BBQ recipe, you'll take meaty spare ribs, rub them with a mixture of spices, soak them in some beer. Carefully open each packet, and drain the drippings into a saucepan. You may only need the drippings from one packet. You can have Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth - Filipino Sinigang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth - Filipino Sinigang
- It's 2 of small dried bay/laurel leaves (optional).
- You need 1 of small knob of ginger (optional).
- You need 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, quarted.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 pc of Knorr Pork broth cube.
- Prepare 1/2 of k or more of Pork (ribs or bone-in parts), rubbed with salt.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato, sliced.
- You need 1-2 pcs of long green/finger chili.
- It's 1 of small pouch (good for 1L water) Knorr Tamarind / Sinigang Soup Mix.
- It's 1/2 of small white radish, sliced in circles.
- Prepare 1 handful of green beans or string beans, sliced bite size.
- It's 4 pcs of large okras, cut in 3s.
- It's 1 bunch of kangkung / kangkong / water spinach, cut into bite size.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's of Other veggies you can add- sliced eggplant and taro (gabi).
The second type of ribs is baby back ribs, also called loin back ribs. These ribs are smaller and leaner than spareribs and come from the ribs closer to the loin of the pig. Because their meat comes from the loin region, baby back ribs tend to be more tender and expensive than spareribs. BBQ Oven Roast Pork Ribs The St.
Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth - Filipino Sinigang step by step
- Note: My steps may be different from other cooks, but it's the same taste all around. What's important is to soften the pork and make the soup rich with veggies..
- Boil water in a large pot with bay leaves and ginger. These two are non-traditional. I like using it. Meanwhile, prep the veggies..
- Once boiling, drop in the pork cube, onions and garlic. Let simmer until the cube dissolves before adding the pork. Don't forget to rub salt on the pork. Boil for 20 mins then add the tomatoes and green chili. Continue boiling for 10 mins..
- Stir in the tamarind soup mix. Drop in the hard veggies (okra, radish, beans) and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. (Beans in pic should be cut, but I fished these out to eat separately hehe).
- Drop in the Kangkung stalks (thick parts) to cook a few minutes longer. I like the stalks actually. :) Taste and adjust sourness (add water to lessen) and saltiness. Other cooks use fish sauce, I use salt on this..
- Finally, place the Kangkong leaves and on top, then cover and turn off heat. It will cook in its residual heat.
- Plate and serve while hot. Best spooned over rice ;).
Louis cut spare rib is a great meaty cut, but this recipe will work equally well with baby back ribs. To get the pork ribs to cook evenly, the rack needs to be uniform from end-to-end. With baby back ribs, this isn't generally a problem since they are cut pretty much the same no matter what. With spareribs, however, this can be an issue because they are sold in a wide variety of cuts. Cover the ribs with aluminum foil.
Thus our article which we give the title: