For this article, I will discuss
Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba).
You can have Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba)
- Prepare of Pigeon pea.
- Prepare of Potash.
- It's of Palm oil.
- You need of Salt/seasoning.
- You need of Fresh pepper.
- It's of Onions.
- Prepare of Garden egg leaves (for garnish).
- It's of Tamarind powder (for making the tamarind pap).
Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba) instructions
- Pigeon pea are very hard and it takes a very long time to cook. Put a pot of water on fire, add a medium sized potash, add the peas,cover and cook for 12 hours (overnight)..
- Drain out the black water, add another water and cook for about another 30 minutes. When it is finally cooked (mashes up easily when you press it) add your palm oil, salt, seasoning cubes, blended pepper, chopped onions, half of the chopped garden egg leaves, cover and allow to boil together until all the ingredients are combined together..
- Taste for salt, add if necessary. Stir together and then cover and allow to steam. Garnish with garden egg leaves..
- Your Pigeon pea porridge is ready!!! Serve with hot tamarind pap. The tamarind pap is made the same way you make pap (akamu). Enjoy!!! 😋😋😋.
Thus our article which we give the title: