For this article, I will discuss
Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans.
You can cook Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans
- Prepare of extra firm tofu (1 brick).
- Prepare of green beans, washed & cut in 2” pieces.
- Prepare of toasted cashews (unsalted).
- It's of unsweetened coconut milk.
- It's of ” ginger, peeled & grated.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of molasses.
- You need of dried scallions.
- It's of oil (avoid olive oil this time).
- You need of rice vinegar.
- It's of salt & pepper.
Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans instructions
- Halve the tofu brick horizontally and place on paper towels to absorb as much water as possible. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on high heat, until it glistens. Season the tofu on all sides with salt / pepper and fry at least 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Be careful not to move it except for flipping, to avoid it from breaking. Reserve..
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and sauté the green beans for 3-4 minutes, or until blisters appear. Place in a bowl and reserve..
- One more tbsp oil into the pan, and this time add the minced ginger and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (30 seconds, more or less). Add coconut milk, soy sauce, molasses. Turn down heat to low and reduce the sauce to half, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy (this will take some 12-15 minutes)..
- Add cashews and cook in the sauce for 2 minutes. Cube the tofu and add to the sauce, mixing carefully to coat the cubes without breaking them..
- To serve, toss the green beans with rice wine and dried scallions. Serve the whole thing in a bowl with your favorite starch (we used steamed basmati rice). Yummers!.
Thus our article which we give the title: