For this article, I will discuss
T's Queso Blanco Potato Soup.
You can have T's Queso Blanco Potato Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of T's Queso Blanco Potato Soup
- Prepare 2 cups of Russet potatoes diced small (1/2 " cubes).
- It's 1/2 cup of diced Vidalia onion.
- It's 1/3 cup of diced carrot.
- You need 2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 4 oz. of Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese (6-10 1" cubes).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Cayan Pepper (more or less to heat preference).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Butter (NOT margarine).
- It's 1/2 tsp. of Parsley.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
T's Queso Blanco Potato Soup step by step
- Place diced potatoes and onion in 3 qt. pan, cover with 2 1/2 cups of salted water, boil (covered) until potatoes begin to soften and about half of the water has evaporated. At this point you can either mash your potatoes (or not) depending on how you like your soup. I prefer chunky so I lightly mash them with a slotted spoon, letting small chunks remain..
- Next, add milk, butter and carrots and bring to a simmering boil, reduce heat and let it have a little time to "marry the ingredients", stirring often. After an hour or so, add the Queso Blanco and Cayan Pepper and let this simmer for a while on low heat. Keep stirring so cheese doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- It's ready after a couple of hours, but if you really enjoy your food like I do, you'll refrigerate it overnight - it's much better the next day (or 2!!!) Remember, this is COMFORT FOOD...meant to be savored. If you're in a hurry - open a can and use the microwave!.
- When serving, garnish with your favorite - I prefer something called 'Potato Slayer' I found at Wal Mart (so you should be able to find it)..
Thus our article which we give the title: