For this article, I will discuss
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
You can cook Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- It's of cooked rice.
- It's of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- Prepare of pineapple tidbits.
- You need of can black beans, well rinsed.
- It's of finely diced red onion.
- It's of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- You need of lime.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare of salt, or to taste.
- You need of Jerk Chicken.
- It's of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Prepare of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- You need of Garlic.
- It's of Sweet Peppers, halved.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa step by step
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Thus our article which we give the title: