For this article, I will discuss
Fancy Rice and Beans. So here is my version of a very frugal, but also fancy (and very easy) rice and beans recipe. Rice and beans are a healthy high-fiber choice and are great for vegetarians and vegans on a budget. There are as many ways to eat Caribbean rice and beans as there are countries in the Caribbean.
The grain and legume combination provides several important nutrients and many calories. Long grain rice Mackerel fish Beans Shrimps Tomatoes Bell-peppers Carrots Tumeric Garlic Ginger Crayfish Extra virgin olive oil Frozen spinach Onions Cubes & Salt to taste. Thank you so much for your love and support on this channel, I really do appreciate you all. You can cook Fancy Rice and Beans using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fancy Rice and Beans
- Prepare of canola oil.
- It's of tomato sauce 8 oz.
- You need of sazon.
- It's of beans(i use pink beans or gandules).
- It's of mojo(liquid marinade).
- You need of onion powder.
- You need of adobo powder.
- It's of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare of long grain white rice.
- Prepare of water.
- It's of tomato, red bell pepper, avocado, and can of sweet yellow corn.
- You need of sofrito about 3 tbs.
- You need of garlic powder 1 tbs.
Traditional red beans and rice are made with sausage, but we don't need any of that here! I was honestly shocked when I tried my first bite of these; they I would love for you guys to try this authentic Cajun recipe for vegan red beans and rice so you can enjoy true Louisiana cookin' in your own home! Caribbean Rice and red Beans- Seasoned with garlic, onions and creole spice. Infused with bay leaves, thyme, Scotch bonnet and coconut milk.
Fancy Rice and Beans step by step
- Put oil in large pot and swirl to coat bottom..
- Add sofrito, can of beans with liquid(do not drain.).
- Add all spices and splash of mojo..
- Rinse rice with cool water and drain. add to pot. add cool water(enough to cover rice about an inch over).
- Stir all ingredients together and turn flame on high..
- Cook until liquid reduces and meets level of rice..
- Stir and place lid on pot. cook for about twenty minutes covered. try not to lift lid and release steam, the rice will take longer to cook.turn flame down low..
- While rice is cooking, seed and dice tomato, bell pepper, heat corn and slice avocado..
- When rice is done, put on platter and add corn peppers and tomato..
- Place sliced avocado on top. I drizzle with Italian dressing to boost flavor..
- Eat and enjoy.
Serve with warm naan and a side of sliced mangoes. Add a can of chopped artichoke hearts and serve with warm pita bread. You'll need Pinto Beans in the basic recipe, as well as See more ideas about spanish rice and beans, spanish rice, mexican food recipes. Salvadorean Pupusas are pillowy bean and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas. Rice and beans are a staple food in many countries around the world.
Thus our article which we give the title: