For this article, I will discuss
Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils).
You can have Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils)
- It's of Daal--.
- Prepare of arhar or tuvar daal.
- It's of chopped tomato.
- It's of grated ginger.
- It's of grated garlic pieces.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- It's of red chili powder.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of tempering--.
- It's of Ghee.
- It's of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of finely chopped garlic.
- It's of whole red chili.
- You need of curry leaves.
Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils) step by step
- Wash, Rinse Daal and put in a cooker, add chopped tomatoes, crushed or grated garlic and ginger..
- Add salt, turmeric powder,water and pressure cook the dal for 4-5 whistles or more till the lentils are cooked and mushy..
- Mix tamarind paste with little water and red chili powder. Open the cooker and mash the dal with the help of spatula. now add tamarind paste, little more Turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt according to your taste and cook till the raw smell of spices gone..
- Once the dal is cooked. Heat ghee. Add mustard seeds or cumin seeds. I like mustard seeds so I used that. Let them crackle then add chopped garlic. and at last red chili and curry leaves..
- Pour the tempering over daal and cover for 5 minutes at least for the flavours to mingle properly with Daal. Serve with Roti or Rice..
Thus our article which we give the title: