For this article, I will discuss
Matcha red bean braided bread. These Matcha Buns are filled with Sweet Red Bean Paste and are a popular choice in every Japanese bakery. Matcha buns aka Anpan is a classic Japanese soft bun pastry filled with sweet red bean paste. Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE our channel!
I recently got some Japanese Matcha powder from Heapwell Superfoods and hope to add them into some of my desserts. The bread is stuffed with mochi and red bean paste filling. This adds a sweetness and a chewy texture to the bread. You can cook Matcha red bean braided bread using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matcha red bean braided bread
- You need of red bean and 80g sweetener (for red bean paste).
- You need of bread flour.
- It's of warm water (can try from 280g then slowly add to prevent watery dough).
- It's of dried yeast.
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of sweetener.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of matcha powder.
Knoblauch oder Baerlauch Kraeuter Falten Brot - Pull Apart Bread. Köstliches Rezept zum einfachen Speichern und Nachmachen. These Matcha Buns are filled with Sweet Red Bean Paste and are a popular choice in every Japanese bakery. They're the perfect treat for breakfast or Matcha buns aka Anpan is a classic Japanese soft bun pastry filled with sweet red bean paste.
Matcha red bean braided bread step by step
- Boil red bean, throw boiling water away as soon as water boil.
- Add cold water and keep simmering until soft.
- Add sweetener and keep simmering until water is almost gone.
- Blend all of the dough ingredients except matcha.
- Knead well (put some flour on table surface to prevent stick).
- Divide dough into two and add matcha powder into one of it.
- Wait for it to ferment until double its size (around an hour).
- Divide both of the dough into two pieces (get 2 white 2 green dough) and roll out.
- Place one white dough at the bottom, then red bean, then one green dough, then red bean, then one white dough, then one green dough.
- Cut dough into 6-8 pieces and slash two lines then braid the dough.
- Ferment again until almost double its size.
- Bake at 180c or 350F for 20mins.
If you've never tried the flavour combination of slightly. Matcha red bean cake: three layers of honey matcha cake filled with sweetened red bean paste and lightly coated with matcha buttercream. While I grew up eating sweetened red bean (in ice cream, milky bread buns, dessert soups,etc), Alex is fairly new to it. He still needs a little convincing. A freshly baked breaded loaf bread filled with delicious matcha filling.
Thus our article which we give the title: