For this article, I will discuss
Nan's Onion Jam.
You can cook Nan's Onion Jam using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nan's Onion Jam
- It's of lg. Onions, sliced or diced (white or yellow).
- It's of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Dark brown sugar.
- You need of Balsamic vinegar.
- It's of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper,.
Nan's Onion Jam step by step
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions in olive oil, uncovered, stirring occasionally. The more caramelized brown you get them, the better the flavor will be. This will take 45-60 minutes..
- I was in a hurry, so I didn't really get these onions caramelized, but it'll still be good. Stir in remaining ingredients..
- Continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 35-45 minutes until the liquid reduces significantly and becomes a syrupy consistency..
- Cool completely and store, covered, in refrigerator..
- NOTE: I'm a balsamic vinegar junkie and buy the expensive premium balsamics at a specialty store. BUT, for onion jam I use regular, grocery store balsamic vinegar. I've also made this substituting red wine vinegar, and it's also very good..
Thus our article which we give the title: