For this article, I will discuss
Potato and Carrot Fritters.
You can cook Potato and Carrot Fritters using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Carrot Fritters
- You need 2 cup of coarsely shredded potatoe.
- Prepare 2 cup of coarsely shredded carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded onion (yellow or spanish).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs scrambled.
- It's 2 tbsp of flour.
- It's 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- It's 1 of vegetable oil.
Potato and Carrot Fritters step by step
- Begin with shredding your potatoes and carrots on a food grater. transfer both ingredients to a bowl of cold water. cover ingredients entirely so they don't turn brown..
- Grate the onion as well. put in a food strainer so the onion juices drain..
- Squeeze all the water out of the potatoe carrot mix and add to a bowl. do the same to the onion and add to the potatoe carrot mix..
- Add salt, pepper, granulated garlic, flour, cornstarch and egg. Mix to combine. If you don't have cornstarch, it also works..
- Fill a sautee pan so there is about a quarter of an inch amount of vegetable oil..
- Heat to medium temperature before adding fritter so that fritters will get a golden crust..
- Take a heaping tablespoon full of the mixture and add to the heated oil. cook for 3 min until golden brown on first side. flip and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Place cooked fritters on a cooling rack or a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil..
- Great as a snack or as any side dish!.
- You can eat as is, or serve with aioli, honey mustard, sour cream, etc. my husband loves ketchup!.
Thus our article which we give the title: