For this article, I will discuss
Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice.
You can have Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice
- You need of Sausage.
- You need of andouille sausage.
- Prepare of Seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- Prepare of Dried kidney beans.
- You need of Dale's low sodium marinade.
- Prepare of liquid smoke flavor (hickory).
- It's of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of medium bay leaves.
- Prepare of low sodium creole seasoning.
- Prepare of hot water.
- It's of butter.
- It's of Serving Suggestions.
- It's of Cooked rice.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice instructions
- Rinse and Soak beans as you normally would..
- Cut sausage, and andouille, brown well in skillet with seasoning blend. Let stick well to bottom without burning..
- Add soaked beans to slow cooker or thick iron pot..
- Add browned seasoning blend and sausages to the pot..
- Deglaze the skillet. Add 1 cup water to skillet off heat, scrape all the brown up into the water making a dark flavorful broth. Add to pot..
- Add all other seasoning to the pot..
- Pour enough water to cover all ingredients. Slow cook on high in slow cooker for about 4-5 hours until tender to your liking. Or Slow cook in iron pot for 3-4 hours one a low med heat making sure not to stick, adding more water if necessary until tender to your liking..
- After beans are tender turn off heat, stir in 2 sticks butter till melted, mash with potato masher, or back of spoon until creamy enough for your liking..
- Serve over cooked rice..
Thus our article which we give the title: