For this article, I will discuss
Green Chillies and Tamarind Pickle.
You can cook Green Chillies and Tamarind Pickle using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chillies and Tamarind Pickle
- You need of Green chillies.
- Prepare of Mustard Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It's of Mustard seeds roasted.
- Prepare of Cumin seeds roasted.
- Prepare of Fenugreek seeds roasted.
- Prepare of Coriander seeds roasted.
- You need of Fennel Seeds roasted.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Asafoetida.
- It's of Curry Leaves.
- You need of Tamarind paste.
Green Chillies and Tamarind Pickle step by step
- Wash and pat dry all the Chillies. I have used a very few Red chillies too as they were included in that when I bought them. You can omit them if desired. Chop them into two halves. Dry roast all the spices on a low heat and make a coarse powder out of them. Add this powder to the chopped Chillies. Use gloves when you handle them..
- Heat Oil on a low heat and shallow fry all the Chillies. Add Asafoetida and Curry Leaves too. Add Tamarind paste too and let it cook until the raw smell fades away for about 10-12 minutes. Let it cool down before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It stays good for a month. Use a clean and a dry spoon when handling it. Enjoy!.
- An easy peasy chilli and tamarind pickle from my maternal home. The tanginess of the tamarind actually helps to counter strike the spiciness of the chillies. It is a pickle that goes well with ghee rice and raita. Looks gorgeous too and stays good for a long time because of tamarind. Try this out for your loved ones and friends. Happy Pickling!.
Thus our article which we give the title: