For this article, I will discuss
Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans.
You can cook Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans
- You need of Smoke Portuguese Linguica sausage,chopped in large 1 inch pieces.
- It's of large potatoes, skin removed and diced medium-large pieces.
- It's of tomato paste.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, sliced super thin (or minced).
- You need of can diced tomatoes (796 ml).
- You need of Portuguese Pimenta pepper (or .5tsp cayenne and .5tsp paprika) *or more if you like it a lil spicier*.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of Fresh green beans (ends removed and cut in half).
- It's of water (enough to just cover everything).
Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans instructions
- In a pot, heat olive oil and Sautee onion and garlic until translucent..
- Add your chorico, Portuguese pepper (or cayenne and paprika mix) and tomato paste. Cook 2 min..
- Add your potatoes and diced tomatoes (including liquid). Cook 5 min..
- Add just enough water to cover everything. Bring to boil and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 min until the potatoes are about 3/4 cooked. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add your green beans, let everything come to boil and cook until potatoes are done and green beans are cooked but still a tad crisp (you can cook until green beans don't have crispness, but it's always nice when fresh veggies retain their crunch).
- Serve with Portuguese buns for dipping or any crusty bread (I could literally drink this soup/stew broth!).
- NOTE/Optional: when you add the green beans you could also Crack an egg on top.. the spicy liquid will cook the egg through and it's yumm-o !.
Thus our article which we give the title: