For this article, I will discuss
Slow cooker red beans and rice. Top the beans with hot cooked rice and scallions; serve. The ultimate comfort food: red beans cooked with smoked sausage, then served over rice. Born and raised in Louisiana, this is a Monday staple.
I've only had this twice but man is it good. We switched it up from the versions I had by adding some. Our classic red beans & rice recipe adapted for slow cooked perfection. You can have Slow cooker red beans and rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker red beans and rice
- It's 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1-2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It's 2 of ribs of celery, diced.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 cans of kidney beans, drained.
- You need 12-16 oz of andouille sausage, sliced into coins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broth.
- You need of Seasonings: paprika, cajun, Italian, old bay, salt&pepper.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
Once done, remove the skillet from heat and transfer the contents to a slow cooker. Add the water and red beans along with garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaves, and dried thyme. The spices were not great and it was a bit watery. I have made better versions of red beans and rice - albeit not in a slow cooker.
Slow cooker red beans and rice step by step
- Add everything, except rice, to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low 4 hours..
- Serve over rice..
- The sausage I used..
Enter: red beans and rice, which is known for cooking low and slow. Cook the rice in a separate pot, according to package directions. I used white jasmine rice and cooked it in my rice cooker. Slow Cooker red beans & rice made with dried beans, and cooked with a ham bone, bacon and smoked sausage. When I make them at home, I've pretty much made my homemade red beans and rice the same way since I've been cooking them - low and slow on the top of the stove.
Thus our article which we give the title: