For this article, I will discuss
Okra (Bhindi) Sambar. Must try this South Indian Sambar Recipe.and enjoy with your family and friends and send the feedback in the comment section below..bhindi sambar okra sambar with step by step photo and video recipe. there are several ways the sambar recipe is prepared and varies with state to state and region to region. however this sambar. Vendakkai sambar recipe with step by step photos - delicious sambar made with okra or bhindi.
Restaurant style bhindi curry recipe Kannada/ Quick Bhindi sambar recipe Kannada. Please like, comment, share and SUBSCRIBE to our channel for more recipe videos and support us. Sambar recipe - Learn how to make South indian sambar that tastes delicious & is very flavorful. You can cook Okra (Bhindi) Sambar using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Okra (Bhindi) Sambar
- You need of Gravy.
- Prepare 1 of lemon sized lump of Tamarind.
- You need 5 of to 8 Green Chillies..
- It's 2 lb of Okra (Bhindi).
- It's 3 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Salt, or to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It's 1 bunch of Cilantro, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Asafoetida.
- It's 2 cup of Toor dal (Split yellow pigeon peas or lentils).
- It's of Tempering.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil (Coconut Oil works best).
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of Urad dal (Split black gram).
- It's 4 of Dried red chillies.
- Prepare 1 pinch of (generously) Asafoetida.
- You need 5 of or 6 Curry leaves.
Since a variety of mixed vegetables are also used to make sambhar it becomes nutrient rich. My mom usually prepares sambar recipe on any auspicious day and this recipe is exactly what she uses to nail. bendekai huli, vendakkai sambar recipe, bhindi sambar, okra sambar with step by step photo/video. ideal sambar recipe made with okra & no sambar powder. Eat this okra dish with plain boiled rice and your favorite daal (lentil dish) and you've got a tasty and nutritious We may associate okra with American Southern food, but this vegetable, called bhindi, is. Vendakkai (Okra/Bhindi) Sambar is a delicious, popular and easy to make South Indian sambar variety.
Okra (Bhindi) Sambar step by step
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal (pigeon peas) in enough water until it is completely soft. Mix into a rough paste. The amount of water depends on the brand of lentils. But a general rule of thumb is to add enough water to completely soak the lentils until the water level reaches one inch over the level of the lentils in the cooker..
- Wash and pat dry the Okra thoroughly. It is imperative that the Okra is absolutely dry. If the okra is wet, then it is messy to cut the okra, as it becomes very slimy..
- Cut the okra into about a centimeter long cylinders..
- Chop the green chillies. Chop finely if you want a spicy Sambar. If you don't want it so spicy, you can just slit them lengthwise, and take them out later..
- Soak the tamarind in some warm water for about 5 minutes, and squeeze all the pulp out of the tamarind..
- Add the tamarind pulp, okra and the chillies to a pot, and add just enough water to barely soak the Okra..
- Add the salt, turmeric, sugar..
- Bring it to a boil. Continue cooking covered on medium heat until Okra starts getting a rusty green color..
- Once that happens, add in the majority of the cilantro, saving some for garnish.
- Continue cooking for about a minute. Then add the Toor dal paste..
- Once this comes to a boil, add the asafoetida, and turn off the heat. Add the remaining cilantro, and keep it covered..
- Now start preparing the tempering. in a small pan, take the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the Urad dal. Add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds start crackling, add the dried red chillies. take the pan off the heat..
- Add the curry leaves and the asafoetida. Be careful as the oil will splash around vigorously.
- Pour the tempering over the Sambar and keep it covered until serving..
- Serve with plain rice for a wholesome meal..
- Bon Apetit!.
Bhindi Masala (Spiced Okra) Recipe. brooksglycerine replied to your post: Sundays are for veggie biryani and bhi… Bhindi, often known as okra, makes a typical look in our on a regular basis foods. This crispy Indian okra recipe is a popular dish also known as bhindi. It's crispy and flavorful and it'll absolutely have you wanting more. This crispy Indian okra (bhindi) recipe tastes kinda like spicy fried. Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi or Dahi Bhindi is rich, creamy Okra(vendakkai) Curry made in yogurt/dahi This is easy Okra curry (bhindi sabzi) that goes well with steamed rice, simple pulao or roti/paratha.
Thus our article which we give the title: