For this article, I will discuss
Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean). Petai (or stink bean) is one of the weirdest and stinkiest bean around, not for the faint hearted for sure. Be sure to brush your teeth afterwards if you still need to interact with other human beings. : D Always half all petai since worms (and big fat ones too) seems to love digging inside the beans and. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a fiery and piquant side dish often served as an accompaniment to perk up any rice meal.
Put in petai at last and stir fry for less than minute. Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice. Add prawns and stir till three-quarters cooked. You can cook Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean)
- It's 2 Handfuls of dried chili (soaked and blend till it became paste).
- Prepare 1 of Whole onion (blend with the soaked dried chili).
- Prepare 3 of shallots (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (sliced thinly).
- It's 3-4 tbsp of tamarind juice.
- You need 4 tbsp of sugar (depends on the spiciness of your dried chili).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 10 cloves of Stink bean.
- It's of Prawn (can be substituted with the seafood that you like).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
Then add in the petai and cook for about two minutes. Add sugar and salt to taste. The petai should be just half cooked to taste good. Sambal is basically a spicy sauce or paste which is made from ground chilli peppers with shallot, garlic and shrimp paste.
Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) instructions
- Pour the oil into the wok let it be hot enough to fry our shallots and garlic.
- Throw in the garlic and shallots into the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Add in the chili paste and stir.
- After the chili paste is cooked, add in the sugar and stir. To know whether the chili paste is cooked, you can see the oil covering the chili..
- After a few stirring, you wanted to add the tamarind juice and let the paste cooked for a while..
- Next, add the stink bean. And let it cooked for about 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add in the prawn and let them cooked for 7-10 mins and you’re done!.
- This is the final look! Yum!.
Petai a.k.a. bitter beans @ stinky beans are beans that are green, with almond-like shape Even when the beans stink, there are a lot of health benefits of petai! "Sambal Goreng Udang & Petai" is basically made from potatoes, tofu, shrimps and "tempe". The special ingredient of this dish is the stinky beans. This is one of my favorite indonesian food. Just try it and you'll love it! Sambal udang is a delicious Nyonya dish.
Thus our article which we give the title: