For this article, I will discuss
Red Beans and Rice.
You can cook Red Beans and Rice using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Beans and Rice
- It's of kidney beans.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- It's of onion.
- It's of garlic.
- It's of Red Wine (1 can full).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of servings Cooked rice.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of Thyme.
- It's of andouille sausage.
Red Beans and Rice step by step
- Chop up onion and mince garlic then brown in skillet in olive oil..
- Drain two cans of kidney beans and pour into pot for cooking..
- Put tomato paste into pot with beans. Pour the red wine into the can and pour into the pot with beans and tomato paste..
- Stir up the beans, wine, tomato paste and then add the water..
- Stir the ingredients together well and add the browned onions and garlic. Add Cajun seasoning to taste. This is based upon your tolerance to spicy food. If you cannot find Cajun seasoning, add some Chipotle Tabasco sauce to taste..
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 or 15 mins until the beans get the consistency you prefer. I prefer a saucy consistency..
- Slice andouille sausage into thick slices and cook in skillet used for onions and garlic..
- Once sausage is cooked, add into the beans and sauce. Continue to simmer for another 5 mins..
- Cook rice..
- Serve by placing rice onto plate/bowl and then beans/sausage on top. Enjoy!.
Thus our article which we give the title: