For this article, I will discuss
Soya Vegetable Dumplings.
You can have Soya Vegetable Dumplings using 24 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soya Vegetable Dumplings
- You need of Dough for Dumpling.
- It's 1.5 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- It's of salt as per taste.
- Prepare of samp cloth to cover dough.
- Prepare of Stuffing and sauces.
- It's 1 cup of cabbage grated or chopped in chopper.
- You need 2 of carrots grated or chopped.
- It's 1 of small onion chopped finely.
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of soya bean granules.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of coriander chopped finely.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It's of salt as per taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of red chilli sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vinegar.
- It's 2 tsp of sesame seeds roasted.
- It's 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of cabbage leaves for steaming dumplings.
Soya Vegetable Dumplings step by step
- Dough for Dumpling In a mixing bowl, add one cup wheat flour and salt. Mix them well. Heat water in a pot till just before it starts boiling..
- Pour the hot water over the flour mix. (the hot water helps in gluten formation).
- Mix it well with a spoon.(as there is hot water). The mixture will become sticky. Knead the dough by adding the other half cup of dough gradually..
- Knead it till all the flour is absorbed and the dough becomes soft and smooth. The dough will come up again even when pressed with a finger, as shown. Cover it with a samp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare the stuffing..
- Stuffing and sauces Put the soya granules in the a pot with salt and boil them for 2-3 minutes. Then drain them and squeeze excess water from them and keep aside..
- Grate the carrots and cabbage or chop them finely in a chopper. Finely chop the coriander. Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic and onions. Saute till the onions are translucent and the raw smell of garlic goes away..
- Add the soya granules and mix them well. Add salt, pepper and some chopped coriander to it and mix well and let the mixture cool..
- In another bowl add the grated cabbage, carrot and soya granules mixture. Add crushed black pepper and the remaining chopped coriander. Mix them well and keep aside..
- Make the sauces to be served with dumplings. Red sauce- Take 2 tbsp of ketchup and 2 tbsp of red chilli sauce. Mix them well. Red sauce is ready, Black sauce - Take 4 tbsp of soya sauce, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds, 2 tsp vinegar and pinch of salt. Mix them well. Sauce is ready..
- Making Dumpling Make two equal portions of the dough. Roll them into cylindrical logs as shown. Cut the logs into half and the half portions into half as shown..
- Then cut each piece in half to get the equal size. Flatten the cut portions into a circle as shown..
- Add salt to the stuffing and mix well.
- Take a flatten circle and dust it with flour. Roll into a small thin circle. Roll thin from the outer edge. The inner side of the circle should be thick then the edges. Make circles from all the remaining dough..
- Now place one circle on one hand. Fill one tbsp of the prepared stuffing. Apply water on the edges and fold in a semicircle as shown. The edges should be pressed and sealed properly..
- Grab the ends of the edges and roll them inwards along the straight edge. Join the ends as shown. Make all the other dumplings in similar way..
- Take a perforated plate and place cabbage leaves on it. Place the prepared dumplings on it. Place the plate on a stand in a pot filled with water. (the cabbage leaves gives a nice aroma and prevents dumplings from sticking) Cover it with lid and steam them for 15 minutes on medium heat..
- The dumplings are ready. Brush oil over it..
- Serve them hot with the prepared sauces..
- For more detail check - https://pepkitchen.com/recipe/soya-vegetable-dumplings/.
Thus our article which we give the title: