For this article, I will discuss
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew.
You can have Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew
- It's of boneless chicken thighs, cubed.
- Prepare of seasoned flour.
- It's of chicken stock or reduced-fat low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- You need of Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It's of tomato paste.
- It's of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of yellow chile peppers, minced.
- You need of carrots, diced.
- It's of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- It's of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- It's of ground cumin.
- It's of cinnamon stick.
- You need of chopped cilantro.
- It's of lightly salted roasted peanuts.
- You need of loosely packed chopped collard greens.
- It's of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew instructions
- Cube chicken. Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake well to coat. Heat a lg frying pan on medium heat. Add canola oil and fry chicken in batches until it browns. Drain on paper towels and set aside. When all chicken is done, deglaze pan with white wine. Simmer until all alcohol is cooked off. And all the good bits are unstuck from the pan. Set aside..
- At the same time, in a large stock pot, heat another tsp oil on medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and both kinds of peppers. Saute until onions have sweated off, but do not brown. Add garlic and ginger. Saute one more minute..
- To the stock pot, add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and make sure it is combined well..
- Add rest of ingredients to the stock pot. Add the chicken and the wine slurry from deglazing the pan. Mix well and bring to a simmer..
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Just until the sweet potatoes become tender. But not until they dissolve. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, enjoy..
Thus our article which we give the title: