For this article, I will discuss
Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style).
You can have Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style)
- It's 1 Cup of ditalini pasta.
- You need 1 lb. of Mild Italian Sausage.
- It's 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 9 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 3 of celery stalks sliced and diced.
- It's 4 of Carrots peeled and sliced very thin.
- Prepare 1-15 oz of can red kidney beans, drained.
- It's 1-15 oz of can white kidney beans,drained.
- Prepare 1-6 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 Cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 Cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Merlot.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 1 tsp of dried thyme.
Pasta e Fagioli (Amy style) instructions
- In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta per directions on its package. Do not rinse. Lightly oil pasta and set aside..
- Fry Italian sausage in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until browned. Then transfer to soup pot. Do not drain off grease. Abt. 3-5 min..
- Saute celery, carrots, garlic and onions in 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 Cup of merlot until vegetables are tender. Abt. 5 min. Transfer to soup pot..
- Whisk in chicken broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, and 1 Cup water. Season with Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste..
- Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat. Add 1/4 Cup Olive Oil and 1 Cup Merlot to the pot. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Add pasta and beans just prior to serving and heat thoroughly..
Thus our article which we give the title: