For this article, I will discuss
Crazy Good Tomato Soup.
You can cook Crazy Good Tomato Soup using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crazy Good Tomato Soup
- Prepare of soup.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Vidalia onion.
- It's 2 can of crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces each.
- It's 4 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Spanish smoked paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 28 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 40 oz of hot water.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of black beans, cooked.
- Prepare 4 cup of quinoa, cooked.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of piece of parmesan rind. About 3 inches long..
Crazy Good Tomato Soup step by step
- In an extra large stock pot add the oil..
- Heat over medium heat..
- Chop onions to a small dice. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes..
- Mince garlic. Add in garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in salt, pepper and spices..
- Add in tomato paste and stir well. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes. This cooks off raw tomato flavor from the paste..
- Now add in beans, rind, both cans of crushed tomatoes, and broth..
- Stir and cook until a low boil starts. Lower to simmer and add half the water. Stir again and cover..
- Simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Add extra water as it cooks and thickens. You will end up using most if not all the water..
- Taste for salt adjustments. Add in cooked quinoa and serve. Note: Cook the quinoa while soup is simmering. It won't take long to cook. I also will just add a 1/3 cup to each serving not putting the quinoa into the soup at all. It's your choice..
Thus our article which we give the title: