For this article, I will discuss
Chili Sin Carne - Vegetarian / Vegan Chili.
You can cook Chili Sin Carne - Vegetarian / Vegan Chili using 24 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Sin Carne - Vegetarian / Vegan Chili
- You need of Garlic (ca. 13g).
- Prepare of peeled fresh ginger (optional).
- Prepare of Onions (280-400g).
- Prepare of large Green peppers (ca.450g).
- Prepare of juicy, soft-skinned red tomatoes.
- It's of Ground black pepper.
- It's of bay leaf.
- It's of spice mix (see bellow).
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It's of Rinsed kidney beans.
- Prepare of steamed sweet corn cut from the cob (or frozen or from.
- You need of Optional:.
- It's of freshly chopped parsley OR cilantro.
- You need of Tofurky Chorizo OR seitan.
- It's of SPICE mix :.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare of Ground caraway.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Red chili pepper.
- It's of Sweet marjoram.
- It's of Parsley.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
Chili Sin Carne - Vegetarian / Vegan Chili instructions
- Chop garlic and ginger very small.
- Chop onions to size you like to bite on later in finished chili (tmx 5sec speed5).
- Add chopped mix to pot with hot oil and brown until soft.
- Chop peppers not too small; they get mushy otherwise. About fingernail size.
- Add to pot and cook for short time at high temperature.
- Heat off; add salt pepper.
- Chop tomatoes very small bit with some texture, preferably at medium speed in food processor, and add to pot. If you haven't any fresh ones, go ahead and use canned peeled whole ones, but chop them up first. My favorite fresh tomatoes are "rey marlo" from Spain.
- Heat to lower medium. Generously sprinkle with pepper, spices and bay leaves.
- Test chili if suited to your taste and add spices, salt and pepper if needed. Make sure to add spoon by spoon and not in big amounts at once..
- Add beans; more if you prefer them. Can be a different kind of beans as well. You can double my suggested amount, as I try to not have beans or corn to be too dominant in this dish..
- Stir, now add corn..
- Let simmer as long as you need before all is eaten. Minimum simmering time after all ingredients have been put in and spices added is half an hour. Texture will thicken when simmering..
- Unless an unannounced appearing bay leaf disturbs you in your guests' bowls, leave them in until pot is empty. Most foodies don't mind finding one and putting it aside. Gives off so much flavor till the very end of the party!.
- Optional (especially for 'con carne' lovers), but well worth it: add Tofurkey Chorizo Style vegan ground meat.
- Serve with an extra dash of pepper, parsley, optional dab of sour cream and sprinkled with thin rings of spring onion and / or grated cheese (all ingredients available in plant-based version in most large-ranged health-foods supermarkets).
Thus our article which we give the title: