For this article, I will discuss
French Onion Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with cheese floating on top.
I've made this recipe many times exactly as. A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue. You can have French Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- You need of Lbs. Onions.
- It's of Garlic.
- Prepare of White Wine.
- It's of Butter.
- You need of Few Shakes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Squirt of Mustard.
- You need of Oregano.
- It's of Parsley.
- It's of Flour.
- Prepare of French Bread.
- Prepare of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It's of Bay Leaf.
Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top, this. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe! It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home.
French Onion Soup instructions
- Half, peel and dice onions. Place in a large bowl. Peel and dice garlic, reserve in another bowl..
- Heat butter on medium low heat. Add in onions and season. Stir occasionally..
- Slowly cook these onions. When the onions are browning nicely, add in the garlic. Cook until browned. Add a healthy slash of white wine. Cook out the alcohol..
- After onions are looking caramelized, add in the flour. Stir and cook a few more minutes. They should be looking very appealing by now..
- Add in bay leaf, oregano, parsley stock, Worcestershire sauce and a squirt of mustard. Stir, cover, reduce heat to low..
- Make four little mounds of cheese and place them on a pan. Turn the heat on medium and allow them to melt. When they’re brown around the edges, turn off the heat..
- Serve with bread and cheese. A sandwich is never a bad idea..
This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. The onions should be really golden, full of flavour and soft when pinched between your fingers. Take care towards the end to ensure that they don't burn. Alton makes traditional French onion soup with a crust of bread and cheese. French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking.
Thus our article which we give the title: