For this article, I will discuss
You can cook Red Lentil using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Lentil
- You need of Kokum (optional).
- It's of Ginger Garlic paste.
- Prepare of Tamarind paste.
- You need of garlic.
- It's of Curry leaves.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- It's of clarified butter.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Vegetarian cuisine.
- You need of Red Lentil.
- It's of Black eye gram.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- It's of Red chilly powder.
- Prepare of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare of cumin seeds powder.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
Red Lentil step by step
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker..
- Put the finely chopped onions in the hot oil n let it fry till golden brown..
- Once the onions are golden brown add the ginger garlic paste and stir for a couple of minutes..
- Add the finely diced tomatoes, add little water if it's sticking to the base. Keep stirring..
- Add the turmeric, red chilli, coriander and cumin seeds powder, and keep stirring..
- After stirring for some 5 minutes add the lentils and the gram to the cooker, add water enough to go 2 inches above the Lentil..
- Let the pressure cooker whistle 3 time's on high flame then reduce to low flame n keep it for 10 minutes on the fire..
- After the cooker has cooled down a bit and you are able to open the cooker easily, check if the consistency is very thick add water to it. Add the kokum and let it cook on low flame. Add the tamarind paste..
- In a small pan add the clarified butter once it's hot, add the curry leaves and crushed cloves of garlic. As the garlic becomes golden quickly add this to the cooker n close the lid of the cooker. After 2 minutes open n stir..
- Serve it hot in a bowl. Garnish it with either coriander leaves or mint leaves..
Thus our article which we give the title: