For this article, I will discuss
French onion dip. French onion dip or California dip is an American dip typically made with a base of sour cream and flavored with minced onion, and usually served with potato chips as chips and dip. It is also served with snack crackers and crudités. French Onion Dip made from scratch will knock your socks off.
It's creamy, full of herbs and guaranteed to get devoured pretty darn fast. Add this French onion dip to your list of favorite dip recipes because it's so simple to make! The site may earn a commission on some products. You can cook French onion dip using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion dip
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of onions finely diced.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- You need of sour cream can add more if desire (good quality with fewest ingredients).
- You need of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare of mayonnaise I use Dukes.
- You need of onion powder I used toasted onion powder.
- It's of garlic powder I used roasted garlic powder.
- You need of parsley.
- Prepare of celery seeds.
- It's of sugar.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
How to Make French Onion Dip..homemade French onion dip made with caramelized onions! This recipe uses a mixture of sour cream, cream cheese and mayonnaise to create one tangy, flavorful and creamy French Onion Dip! This French Onion Dip recipe is easy to make, lightened up a bit, and irresistibly delicious! Fresh onions cook down to give this dip the sweetest flavor, far superior to any powdered soup mix French onion dip.
French onion dip instructions
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until semi-translucent (reduce heat if needed to prevent burning).
- Add beef broth and continue cooking until onions absorb the broth and they are tender and caramelized. Remove from heat and let onions cool..
- Meanwhile, mix together sour cream, cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Stir in cooled onions. Add remaining spices..
- Taste mixture and adjust spices to your liking. Remember though, flavor will intensify greatly as it sits so be careful not to over season. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper, to your liking, being sure to after each addition. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, stir and garnish with chives and parsely Serve with chips or vegetables..
Reviews for: Photos of French Onion Dip From Scratch. French onion dip is a delicious, completely addicting, and hearty dip that is perfect for parties or just for those nights when you feel like vegging out with a bag of chips and a tasty dip at your side. See more ideas about french onion dip, french onion, onion dip. French Onion Dip is the classic dip that most remember from their childhood. There weren't many varieties of dips around at the time, so it is no wonder that it was, and still is, so popular.
Thus our article which we give the title: