For this article, I will discuss
Crockpot Red beans and rice.
You can have Crockpot Red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Red beans and rice
- It's of 14oz pack of smoked sausage.
- Prepare of kidney beans.
- Prepare of pig butter (bacon grease).
- You need of green bell pepper.
- It's of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning (I buy in bulk at natural food store you can use whatever brand you want).
- It's of granulated garlic.
- Prepare of celery seed.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of rice (2 cups uncooked as rice doubles in size when cooking).
Crockpot Red beans and rice instructions
- Chop up peppers and sauage.
- Fry up the peppers and sausage in the bacon fat (feel free to use whatever you want to fry it in for you health nuts but I like the flavor it gives) if not using bacon grease add dash of salt..
- Rinse canned beans and add to crock pot.
- Add all the spices to the pot and mix in the chicken broth.
- Add sautéed peppers and sausage when the sausage is good and browned..
- Let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pour over rice and enjoy.
Thus our article which we give the title: