For this article, I will discuss
Chicken Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and.
Today's Chicken Minestrone Soup is a comforting variation of the traditional vegetarian Italian Minestrone Soup. Although I love classic Minestrone, I always feel like it's missing something. Instead of using regular chicken broth, I first roasted the Christmas day turkey bones, then boiled them in water for an hour. You can have Chicken Minestrone Soup using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Minestrone Soup
- It's of Step one.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1/2 of each chopped onion.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of each chopped carrots.
- You need of Step two.
- Prepare 1/2 of dry pint Cherry tomatoes-diced or 1 -14. 5 ounce can of diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of habanero pepper finely chopped (optional... we like it spicy:).
- Prepare 1/4 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- It's 1/4 of yellow bell pepper small dice.
- You need 4 ounces of diced cooked chicken.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of each potato -small diced.
- It's 2 quarts of chicken broth (stock).
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's Pinch of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- You need of Step three.
- It's 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of (14 ouces +/-) white kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- You need 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 3-4 of asparagus stalks cut thinly on a bias.
- It's 1 of scallion cut on a bias –added as 2 minutes before the soup is done.
The Italian word minestrone means big soup, and countless variations of the bean-and-vegetable soup are big in American kitchens. My son-in-law has renamed this soup "Chewy Chicken Soup." The flavor is great and the torn chicken meat gives the soup a. Minestrone soup reminds me of Summer — counter-intuitive, I know, but it's chock-full of Summer vegetables. And this healthy low carb chicken minestrone soup is full of Summer's bounty, too.
Chicken Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots; sauté for 4 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, tomato paste, potato, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are barely tender..
- Add the macaroni,white kidney beans broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes more. Adjust as needed seasoning..
- Add the scallions 2 minutes before the soup is done..
This soup will thicken in the refrigerator as the residual heat of the broth continues to cook the vegetables and they release their starches, so stir in another splash of broth. Minestrone Soup - the best chunky soup in the world! Filled to the brim with vegetables, pasta Vegetarian option - skip the bacon, use vegetable rather than chicken stock. Minestrone, an Italian vegetable soup, is a nutritious option for lunch or dinner. Use low-sodium chicken broth and boneless, skinless chicken breast to keep the sodium and calories in check.
Thus our article which we give the title: