For this article, I will discuss
Sweet and sour dal. Dal Paratha - Stuffed Indian Bread Recipe by Manjula. Besan Ladoo Recipe by Manjula, Indian Sweets. The dal is a little sweet with jaggery, a little spicy with green chiles, and a little sour with lime juice." Together, they make for one intense interplay of To make it your own, experiment with the balance of those three elements—you might make it more sour, or very, very spicy depending on your palate.
Dal should be soft but not mushy. Wash and pressure cook dal in two cups water. Cool, remove, drain and keep aside the top water of dal. You can cook Sweet and sour dal using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour dal
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup Cooked pigeon pea dal.
- Prepare 1 of tspoon Goda masala (Maharashtrian traditional masala).
- You need 1 of tspoon Tamarind pulp.
- You need 1 of tspoon jaggary powder.
- You need 2 of tspoon grated coconut.
- You need 2 of tbspoon oil.
- You need 1/2 of tspoon turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspoon Red chilly powder.
- It's of Salt to taste.
- It's 4/5 of green chillies.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- You need of Cumin and mustard seeds.
Sweet and sour is a generic term that encompasses many styles of sauce, cuisine and cooking methods. It is commonly used in East Asia and Southeast Asia. So this is an easy Gujarati dal having sweet and sour taste and will be specially liked by folks who love myriad flavors and textures in one dish. Overall, expect a flavorful dal with sweet and slightly sour flavors.
Sweet and sour dal instructions
- Heat deep pan, add oil to it.chop green chillies..
- Add cumin and mustard seeds,let it splutter.add green chillies.saute add cooked pigeon pea dal.mix well.while cooking dal I have added asefoetida and turmeric powder and 1 tspoon oil to it..
- Add goda masala, Red chilly powder and turmeric powder. Add tamarind pulp and jaggary to it. Add salt. Allow it to cook for ten minutes on medium heat. Add grated coconut.you can add coariander leaves also but my family prefers without it.serve hot with rice,ghee and papad.this is heavenly combination.do try this recipe..
To get the right balance of sweetness and sourness in this dal is important. Sweet Sour Dal recipe - How to make Sweet Sour Dal. Clean, wash and pressure cook the toovar dal in two cups water. Cool, drain and keep aside the top water of dal. Make this with Crab Rangoon for dipping as an appetizer and this makes for an easy Chinese takeout meal at home!
Thus our article which we give the title: