For this article, I will discuss
You can cook Vegetables Idlis,Rava-Vada using 34 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetables Idlis,Rava-Vada
- It's of semolina.
- You need of ghee or clarified butter.
- Prepare of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of cumin or jeera.
- Prepare of chana dal or bengal gram.
- It's of cashews chopped (optional).
- You need of curry leaves.
- It's of green chilies chopped.
- It's of ginger grated or paste.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need of salt.
- It's of coriander leaves chopped finely.
- It's of curd or yogurt or dahi (fresh, not sour).
- Prepare of water for soaking rava.
- It's of water for batter consistency.
- You need of oil for greasing idli plates.
- You need of cashewnuts or 8 split cashews.
- Prepare of carrots chopped.
- Prepare of capsicums.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of chopped French beans.
- You need of Soya sauce.
- It's of Chilli sauce.
- You need of For rava vada....
- You need of rava / semolina.
- You need of yogurt / curd.
- It's of water.
- Prepare of onions finely chopped.
- You need of ginger grated.
- Prepare of coriander leaves.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- Prepare of green chilies.
- It's of cumin.
- It's of soda.
Vegetables Idlis,Rava-Vada instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Fry 8 split cashews until golden and set aside for garnishing. To the same pan, add mustard, cumin, 1 tbsp broken cashews and chana dal. Fry until the dal turns golden..
- Reduce the flame and add curry leaves, green chilies and ginger. Saute until it turns fragrant just for 30 seconds. Then quickly add the rava. Mix well to coat the semolina with ghee. Roast on a low flame stirring consistenly until the rava turns crunchy and slightly aromat. Do not brown the rava. Set this aside and cool completely..
- When the rava is cooled down completely, add salt, coriander leaves, curd and half cup water. Mix well until the batter is uniform. Cover this and set aside for 30 minutes..
- After 25 mins, grease the plates and place a cashew in each of the moulds. Also sprinkle some carrots. Set this aside..
- Bring water to a boil in a steamer or cooker. When the water is just about to come to a boil in a few minutes, Check the consistency of the batter and pour more water if needed. The batter has to be thick and must be smooth. When you drop it with the spoon it should not be lumpy. It should not be of pouring consistency either..
- Then sprinkle eno or soda and gently give a good mix. Avoid over mixing. The batter needs to be steamed immediately otherwise the rava idli will not turn fluffy & soft..
- Immediately transfer the batter to moulds. Place it in the hot steamer and steam for 10 mins on a high flame. Allow the idlis to cool down for 2 mins..
- When the rava idlis cool down for 3 to 4 mins, demould them..
- Now heat a tbsp of oil.Saute all the chopped vegetables.Add salt,black pepper..
- Now Cut Idlis into four parts and put into pan,sauté for two minutes.Add soya sauce,chilli sauce and serve with coconut 🥥 Coriander Chutney and tomatoes sauce..
- For rava vada..Soak rava in yogurt and water for 10 minutes. The dough must bind well if it is dry you can sprinkle some water. Chop onions, chilies, curry and coriander leaves. Grate ginger..
- Add soda, onions, chilies, leaves, cumin, salt and ginger to the soaked rava and make a dough. The dough must bind well and must be sticky and easily spreadable. If it is dry you can sprinkle some water. If the dough is too stiff then they will turn hard..
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan. Grease a foil or cling wrap. Divide the dough to 12 portions and make balls. Place them on the foil. Flatten and make a whole in the center..
- When the oil is just hot enough, Grease your fingers, transfer the vada to your fingers and gently shake off the fingers. It will drop in the oil. Fry until golden on a medium high flame by stirring often..
- Drain them on a kitchen tissue. Fry them in batches until all of them are fried. Serve rava vada with chutney..
Thus our article which we give the title: