For this article, I will discuss
Coconut rice with pigeon peas - Arroz con coco y guandu. Wash & clean the rice until the water runs clear then set aside. I invite you to try the rice with pigeon peas and coconut milk. In Panama, it is an essential part of any holiday menu.
Vive la experiencia de los auténticos sabores de República Dominicana con esta receta de Arroz con Gandules y coco llamada por los dominicanos Moro de Aquí, los tiernos granos de arroz extra largo se cocinan con los fragantes gandules llenos de sabor junto con especias tradicionales y la cremosa. Add the rice, coconut milk, water, pigeon peas, cilantro and salt. This savory coconut rice (arroz con coco) has the delicious caramel flavor of toasted coconut and sweet raisins. You can cook Coconut rice with pigeon peas - Arroz con coco y guandu using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut rice with pigeon peas - Arroz con coco y guandu
- Prepare of Long grain Rice, uncooked.
- You need of 13.5 oz. coconut milk (I use Goya).
- You need of 15 oz. Green Pigeon Peas (I use Goya).
- It's of coconut flakes.
- It's of canola oil or whichever oil you like to use.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of water.
Coconut rice is a fragrant sweet-savory rice that pairs especially well with seafood. This particular method for preparing coconut rice comes from Colombia and involves cooking the. Arroz con Guandules is a classic Puerto Rican or Dominican recipe. The "Arroz" refers to the fluffy, fragrant rice, while "Guandules" are Pigeon This recipe is not just plain ol' Rice and Beans, though.
Coconut rice with pigeon peas - Arroz con coco y guandu instructions
- Wash & clean the rice until the water runs clear then set aside..
- Rinse the pigeon peas. Set aside. You don't have to buy the canned ones. If using bagged ones you would have to cook them first..
- In a stock pot or cauldron (I have an old one that has lasted me many many yrs and I only cook rice in it) Heat your oil on low. Put in your coconut flakes. You want the oil to be infused with the coconut flavor. Do this about 3 to 5 minutes without browning the flakes too much..
- Add the coconut milk, stir. Then add the pigeon peas & rice..
- Add the water. I use 1/2 the can the coconut milk came in for my water. A trick I was taught to know if there's enough water is to put a spoon in the middle of the pot, if the spoon falls added too much water, if the spoon stays upright you've added enough water..
- Add the salt & stir pot..
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Watch the rice until all the liquid has been absorbed turn the heat to med. low and stir the rice. I take a piece of aluminum foil, make a mound in the middle of the pot with the rice and place the foil on top then cover with the lid of the pot..
- Approx. after 15 minutes stir and do the same as previous step. Leave on low and let rice cook. If you stir it too much, your rice can get mushy. Just let rice cook, stir a couple more times when you check it to see if the rice is done..
- After its cooked, plate it. You can put some more flakes on top if you like. You don't have to use the peas if you don't like them, make just the coconut rice..
It's bursting with flavor and creaminess, thanks to lots of Spices, Coconut Milk, Cilantro, and Veggies. Arroz con Guandú y Coco (Rice with Pigeon Peas and Coconut Milk). Image result for arroz con guandu. Experience the authentic flavors of the Dominican Republic with this Rice and Pigeon Peas with Coconut recipe (called Moro de Guandules con Coco in the Dominican Republic). This rice pudding comes from the author's Cuban friend who uses starchy, short-grain Valencia-style rice to achieve a creaminess reminiscent of risotto.
Thus our article which we give the title: