For this article, I will discuss
Crockpot Red Beans & Rice.
You can have Crockpot Red Beans & Rice using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Red Beans & Rice
- Prepare 1 lb of red kidney beans.
- You need 7 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried sage.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- It's 1 tsp of creole seasoning.
- It's 1 lb of beef sausage.
- Prepare 2 cup of rice.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken base.
Crockpot Red Beans & Rice instructions
- Fill crockpot with 7 cups water & add kidney beans.
- chop: celery, bell pepper & onion and add to beans along with whole garlic cloves.
- season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, creole seasoning.
- stir all ingredients together and set crockpot to high and let cook 7 hours until beans are tender.
- Add sliced sausage and cook 1 hour.
- stir together 4 cups water and 2 teaspoons chicken base in with rice, put on high until boiling; reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Pour beans over rice and serve. Best with corn bread on the side.
Thus our article which we give the title: