For this article, I will discuss
Slow Cooker Red Beans.
You can have Slow Cooker Red Beans using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Red Beans
- Prepare of each) red beans.
- It's of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of garlic salt.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of onion.
- You need of smoked sausage.
- Prepare of Salt pork (or hamhocks & or pig tails) for seasoning - approx.
Slow Cooker Red Beans step by step
- You really need to soak your beans overnight. I've always been skeptical of this practice; but my mom says it keeps everyone from getting the farts. If I'm making beans on Sunday, I'll soak them in the crock pot with the Worcestershire sauce on Saturday night. 2 packages of beans usually equals a crock pot half full of water..
- On the next day, add your garlic and Cajun seasoning before turning on your slow cooker. If I'm making supper for 6:30pm, the beans need to start cooking no later than 10 am. Put your slow cooker on the high setting..
- 3 hours into cooking, add your seasoning meats. If you're using hamhocks and/or pig tails, you can add them directly. If you are using salt pork, slice into strips and cook until brown before adding. If you are using salt pork, be sure to add the grease along with the meat!.
- After an additional 2 hours, finely chop your onion and add to the beans. Be sure to stir gently to mix them in well..
- Slow cooking your beans will take approximately 8 hours to complete from start to finish once they're cooking. When you have 1.5 hours to go, cut your smoked sausage into medallions and then cut the medallions in half. Fry briefly in an iron skillet until slightly cooked and then add immediately to beans. Stir gently to mix well..
- During the last hour of cooking, add additional garlic salt &/or Cajun seasoning to taste. The beans should have a creamy consistency at this point..
- Serve over rice in bowls with bread of choice or cornbread..
Thus our article which we give the title: