For this article, I will discuss
White Bean Turkey Chili. This easy chili can be made on the stove, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch! More chili recipes you might enjoy are Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili, Quick Beef Chili and No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili.
This turkey white bean chili recipe is hearty, healthy, simple to make, and packed with flavor. How to make turkey white bean chili. Start by sautéing the onion in a fairly large soup pot, then add in the turkey and "brown" it. You can have White Bean Turkey Chili using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Bean Turkey Chili
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1.5 lb. of ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of flour.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 package of McCormick mix (chicken chili).
- It's 2-3 cup of vegetable stock.
- It's 8 oz. of white mushrooms, quartered.
- It's 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, undrained.
- It's 1 can (15 oz.) of “white” kidney beans, drained.
- You need 2 cups of cooked dark turkey meat, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onions, sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It's of Options:.
- It's 8 oz. of pasta shells, cooked.
- It's 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (per bowl).
- You need of Dollop of sour cream (optional).
White Bean Turkey Chili is hearty, healthy turkey chili recipe with lean ground turkey, white beans, fresh lime and plenty of spice! Browned ground turkey and cannellini beans are combined with green chilies, onion and garlic in this chicken stock based soup seasoned with cumin, oregano and cinnamon. Definitely the best recipe I've found for white chili. I substituted diced chicken pieces for the ground turkey; added more beans.
White Bean Turkey Chili step by step
- In a large pot, sauté the bell pepper in olive oil. Then add the onions and the jalapeno pepper and cook until all ingredients are soft and onions are translucent..
- Remove the sautéed vegetables from the pot, set aside, and add some olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Drain off any fat..
- Add the garlic, the McCormick mix, and flour to the turkey. Mix and heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of stock and heat to a light boil..
- While heating, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and white beans. Add back in the peppers and onions..
- When the mixture begins to slightly boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes. While cooking, add the green onions and the cilantro. Adjust for taste with seasonings..
- Add in chunks of leftover turkey meat and heat through. Add additional stock if needed..
- Looks like thick / chunky chili..
- Tip: I like to mound chili on top of cooked pasta shells in a bowl. Top with cheese and heat in a microwave for 40 seconds..
This White Bean Turkey Chili is an easy and tasty way to use leftover roasted turkey from the holidays! It's more of a cooking technique instead. In order to thicken up this chili. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. If you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, make this White Turkey Chili!
Thus our article which we give the title: