For this article, I will discuss
Sausage & Northern Beans w/ Marsala.
You can cook Sausage & Northern Beans w/ Marsala using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage & Northern Beans w/ Marsala
- You need 5 of Italian sausages; 1" slices.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves; minced.
- You need 1 of red onion; medium dice.
- It's 1 of fresh bay leaf.
- It's 1 t of ground mustard seed.
- You need 1 1/2 C of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 1/2 C of great northern beans.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; juiced & zested.
- You need 1/2 oz of sage; chiffonade.
- You need 1 C of marsala.
- It's 1 C of chicken stock.
- It's 1 T of garlic butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need of olive oil; as needed.
Sausage & Northern Beans w/ Marsala instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add sausage and onions with a pinch f salt and pepper. Toss occasionally whie cooking for two minutes to partially caramelize the sausage without fulling cooking it. Add beans, mustard seeds, bay leaf, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Be careful not to break bay leaf. You dont want to eat that..
- Add chicken stock. Reduce by 1/2..
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add marsala. Reduce by 1/2..
- Add tomatoes. Cook for approximately 2 minutes until tomatoes begin to break down and release their juice..
- Add spinach. Stir until wilted for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Add lemon and sage with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Remove bay leaf..
- Add garlic butter and stir to combine..
- Variations; Other Wine, worchestershire, paprika, shallots, habanero, celery, bacon, oregano, zucchini, squash, scallions, leeks, ramps, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, basil, cilantro, vegetable stock, roma tomatoes, black beans, cannellini beans, arugula, watercress, mozzarella, kale, goat cheese, pearl onions, beer, rosemary, thyme, bacon fat, celery seed, coriander seed, pecorino, parmesan, pearl mozzarella, Italian seasoning, celery seed, fennel, fennel seed.
Thus our article which we give the title: